It looks like the weather is going to be pretty nasty this weekend with an early season storm, so we have decided to postpone The Wildcat GranFondo until 2017 (date TBD). Please do not crucify our decision if the sun comes out on Saturday there are a lot of factors that come into play when making this decision with the best data we have on hand. We wanted to give the out of town participants a chance to cancel their hotels and change their arrangements. We absolutely want to make sure that this event kicks off well and is here to stay.

Official Statement from the board below. 

"Rider safety is our utmost priority.  Regretfully, the Board of Directors and the Wildcat committee for the Wildcat GranFondo have made the decision to postpone the Wildcat GranFondo until October 2017.
Our decision has been made with much consideration to the health safety and welfare of all riders.  The unseasonable stormy forecast for the two days before and the day of the ride indicate a high probability of heavy rains, winds, and poor visibility.  
We would like to offer you the chance to stay with us with your registration money and ride next year, but if you would absolutely need a refund, please send an email to info@thewildcatgranfondo.com"

National Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 6AM PDT TUE

... ACTIVE WEATHER PATTERN EXPECTED LATE THIS WEEK...

.IMPACTS... *SLICK ROADS *SNOW IMPACTING SEASONAL MOUNTAIN PASS TRAVEL *CLOGGED GUTTERS AND DRAINS FROM FALLEN LEAVES *DOWNED SMALL BRANCHES AND BLOWING DEBRIS

.FORECAST CONFIDENCE... *HIGH CONFIDENCE

.TIMING AND STRENGTH... *SEVERAL WAVES OF PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY *1 TO 3 INCHES OF RAIN ACROSS THE SACRAMENTO VALLEY, 3 TO 8 INCHES OVER THE MOUNTAINS *BREEZY SOUTH WINDS ACROSS THE VALLEY, WINDY OVER THE MOUNTAINS *SNOW LEVELS MAINLY ABOVE 7000 FEET *COOLER TEMPERATURES (VALLEY HIGHS IN THE 60S)

.WEATHER SUMMARY... BIG PATTERN CHANGE IS EXPECTED LATE THIS WEEK, AS A SERIES OF WEATHER SYSTEMS MOVE INTO NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. SEVERAL WAVES OF RAIN ARE EXPECTED, STARTING LATE THURSDAY AND CONTINUING INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK. PRECIPITATION CHANCES DECREASE LATE MONDAY INTO TUESDAY. SNOW LEVELS LOOK HIGH AT THIS POINT, MAINLY ABOVE MAJOR PASS LEVELS. SEASONAL PASSES SUCH AS SONORA AND EBBETTS PASSES MAY BE IMPACTED, AS WELL AS LASSEN NATIONAL PARK. COOLER TEMPERATURES WILL ALSO ACCOMPANY THE PATTERN CHANGE.