The Shasta Wheelmen are looking forward to your joining us for the Wildcat Granfondo.We are ready for you and know you will enjoy a great ride through our beautiful mountains and countryside.
You will be riding with Bobby McMullen of Ride Blind Racing, our celebrity rider. Come prepared to be amazed and challenged. Check him and his amazing achievements out at
Information that will compliment your ride
1. Parking: Everyone will be parking at Bishop Quinn 21893 Old 44 Dr, Palo Cedro, CA 96073
2. Registration and Check In: At Palo Cedro Community Park 9373-9435 Cedro Rd
Palo Cedro, CA 96073 Friday night from 3:30 to 7:30 and Saturday morning starting at 5:30 AMOn Saturday morning, after parking at Bishop Quinn, you should ride to the registration area to check in and pick up your bib number. It is a half mile from the parking area to registration so you will want to allow a little extra time. Take everything you will need for the ride with you so you don’t have to return to your car.
3. Start Time: Everyone will start at 7:30 am in a mass start. We will use Webscorer to time your ride so be sure and check in with us at the park when you return.
4. Mass Start Ride Information: We will close Cedro lane for the start. The first 10 miles of the ride will be under “SINGLE LANE with CENTER LINE traffic control RULES” directed by the California Highway Patrol and Rader Excavating. Follow their direction, especially when crossing intersections. When safe, for the first 10 miles only, you may ride side by side in this special controlled section until you reach the Whitmore Plain and Dersch Road intersection. We will try to limit cars traveling in our lane but we cannot guarantee that none will travel with us so be alert and courteous to the car traffic. From the Whitmore Plains and Dersch intersection on, you should follow the normal rules of the road as no special traffic control will be provided.
5. Weather forecast is good at this time, but it is Fall in the mountains, so be prepared for a cool morning. The ride will go on rain or shine so be prepared.
6. After-ride meal for 50 mile and longer riders. Served by Kahuna’s Mongolian Barbeque from 11:00 to 5:00 at the park.
7. Beer Garden is open from 1 pm to 5 pm at the park.
8. Deep Grove will provide the Disc Jockey at the park.
9. Pick up your T-shirt and Dignity Health water bottle after your ride using your bib number.
10. Check out the ride maps on line or the Strava maps for routes and Rest Stops. We will also provide a ride map with cue sheet for your ride at registration.
Your ride leader is Randy Brix and he has more than 50 volunteers serving you during this ride event